Have a question?

These are some of the questions that we are frequently asked. Nevertheless if you can’t find your question, reach us at any time. We’d be more than pleased do clarify all questions.

We have a great partner to help in this whole process.

No. Tourist visa is 90 days and there are countries that do not need a tourist visa at all. You can check on the dedicated website.

If you are a tourist and want an extension (more than 90 days) you have to justify that request to the SEF (Foreigners Service in Portugal). There is no list of justifications, and it may or may not be accepted. The extension of tourist visas is not regulated.

The safest option if you want to be more than 90 days is to get a residence visa that has a 2 years renewable term.

50% of base package due at time of booking. 

Remaining amount due 30 days prior to start date.

Cancellations less than 30 days are not refundable

Cancellation before 30 days prior to the trip will result in a service fee of 350 EUR retained by Nomad To Be.

Our experiences are from 1 month to 1 year.

Yes, we have a great partner, have a look here.


he experience of 1 month in another country and culture brings many advantages to the children. They don’t need to lose the academic content, since the tutors or the partner schools are prepared to teach, however our partner tutors are also prepared to take the children to know the history of Portugal through the visit to historical monuments, a unique opportunity to return home with a very rich experience, an immersion in a new culture, in a new country. 

We do not offer work, we compose experiences tailored to the family’s requirements, in which the adults will be able to work remotely in their current job (please align with your employer first) and the children can be occupied with tutors and/or other activities.

Yes, we have specialist partners such as babysitters and day care centers that are willing to take on children at these ages.